Sunday, August 4, 2013

Circus Reliquary

I was actually trying to finish this piece in time for the Liquidambar show, but I got stuck. I still thought that I'd share it with you.

Here;s an early look. I used images from vintage circus ads. You can see that I have just glued on the silver trim - that explains the pins. The box is a vintage cigar box.  

I was playing around with placing a horse inside the box. Horses and circuses. Right?
But I'm still not sure about whether I like the horse there...hmmm

Then I added the vintage tin to the top and the Scrabble tray/molding to the base. 

This angle shows the design in the molding and the raised aerialist.

This is as far as I have gotten. In my head I saw it with horses cavorting on the outside of the box. But the proportions weren't right when I tried that. Eventually, it will come to me, probably when I sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment