Tuesday, July 9, 2013

More Victorian Jewelry - Necklaces

So I still felt the Victorian vibe. This first necklace is very simple. It uses one of the antique optician's lenses that my husband bought for me. 

assemblage necklace with antique optician's optometrist's lens

Look at how beautiful the lens' holder is. I love the way people used to make the most prosaic items look beautiful.

assemblage necklace with vintage lens

I like how it lies; it looks very graceful. And everything except the clasp is reused.

assemblage necklace

Next I made this necklace. 

Victorian assemblage necklace with antique lens, vintage pearls, and recycled chandelier crystals

You can see that I added a recycled chandelier crystal and vintage pearls. Can't you just see this on one of the ladies of Downton Abbey?

antique lens

Here's a final look...

assemblage necklace

"At a flea market I always head for the junk jewelry table first."  - Ethel Merman.
That is so me!




No comments:

Post a Comment