Thursday, July 11, 2013

Playing with My 1930's School Medals

For Christmas, my husband bought me a bunch of 1930's school medals. He knew I had been watching them on Ebay, so he bought them for me. Now that I have set up my monster drill press in my studio, I am ready to drill some and play with them.

I love the colors of this first pair of earrings - the blue of the pearls with the warm copper of the medal. 

assemblage earrings with vintage pearls and recycled school medals

Here's another view of this pair. The medals are for Effort and Tennis. I love that they had a medal for effort.
assemblage earrings with recycled pearls and antique school medals

Here's another rather simple pair. This time I've included a champagne colored pearl.
assemblage earrings with vintage pearls and recycled school medals

And you can see that this pair includes a medal for Diving. The other medal shows a quill and a scroll. I'm not exactly sure what that represents: Penmanship, Essay Writing...who knows. I'd love to hear other ideas.
assemblage earrings with vintage pearls and antique school medals

There is something about the warmth of old things that I am drawn to. I like that their shine has dulled; their age makes them feel warmer to me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment