Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Time for Some Victorian Earrings

So I decided that I needed to make some Victorian style earrings to go with the necklaces I have been making.I'm really pleased with this pair. It is made with all recycled components: pieces and beads from old necklaces, rosary bits, vintage pearls, and vintage brass buttons. I don't know why I love old buttons so much, but I do.
assemblage chandelier earrings with vintage pearls and recycled buttons beads, and clasps 

I particularly like the small buttons. I hammered them slightly to flatten them into a thinner shape and to flatten the metal shank. It was surprising to see how little the hammering altered the designs on the surface. Then I drilled them on my monster drill press (I love my drill press.) Don't you love the anchor!
assemblage earrings with vintage pearls and recycled buttons beads, and clasps

 One last look before we move on to the next pair. And just because I love how this picture turned out. 
recycled chandelier earrings

 I love this pair! They are quite simple yet elegant. I recycled some lovely vintage chain and these huge vintage pearls. I would love to find more of this chain because it's so unusual.
assemblage earrings with vintage pearls and recycled antique chain

Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment