Monday, July 15, 2013

Doming my Recycled Charms

So, I salvaged these little round charms from an old scarf. They have a female figure on them, but I can't figure out what she's doing. She has one arm raised.
doming recycled charms

My daughter has been playing around with doming. She has a Etsy shop selling nerd themed jewelry. It's called Nerdiste if you'd like to visit (however the shop is on vacation while she is studying in Cambridge this July and the first two weeks of August). 

She has been doming copper and brass disks and stamping them with Doctor Who phrases (like Timey Wimey). So it occurred to me to try doming these disks, too. This is her doming set. It's really easy - you just put the disk in one of the holes and place the round end of the tool on the disk, then hammer.
doming tools

And here is the result. I think they are more interesting when they're domed.
doming recycled charms

Then I threw together a couple of quick, simple pairs of earrings. I am trying to create an assortment of styles since not everyone wears large earrings.
domed recycled charm earrings with recycled pearls

I think they're kind of cool. They'd be good for work or daytime wear. And they are very lightweight.
domed recycled charm earrings with recycled beads

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" - Audrey Hepburn



No comments:

Post a Comment